Northern United Soccer Club - Registration Site
Forming Spring Travel Teams Now! - Register by February 24th to guarantee a roster spot.
Practices begin late March and games are from late April to mid June. See below and our club website for more information: http://www.northernunitedsc.com/
2017/2018 winter and spring session soccer registration is now open!
NEW this year - all players may choose to only register for the Techincal Training session which offers once per week training most weeks November through mid June for just $95.00. All others may register for winter and/or spring travel sessions and also receive the Techincal Training free at no extra cost. Free offer does not apply to those already enrolled in the technical training session in advance ot the other sessions.
Welcome to the registration site for the Northern United Soccer Club. Northern United SC (previously know as Adirondack Soccer Club since 1987) - a non profit youth soccer club - was formed in 2013 through the merger of the Adirondack Soccer Club and the South Glens Falls Soccer Club - both long term clubs in the area - and the only local soccer clubs providing youth soccer development and team play for the past 25+ years. Please visit our club website for more general information about our club's services and resources.
Our club provides:
- Opportunities for youth age 5-19, both boys and girls from a variety of school districts throughout Warren, Washington and Saratoga counties
- Training academies and clinics to develop soccer skills and an understanding of the game
- Indoor winter training and team play
- Spring travel teams as a member of the Capital District Youth Soccer League (CDYSL)
- The premiere soccer tournaments for this area in the fall and spring
- Licensed head coaches (many are also local school coaches) and opportunities for parents to participate and receive training as a coach
To foster, encourage and promote the game of soccer for youth of the Southern Adirondack/Northern Capital District region providing training and a competitive alternative to recreational programs, as well as:
- increase interest in soccer
- improve individual player skills and soccer knowledge
- develop players for high school programs
- develop physical fitness, positive competitive spirit, team play, loyalty, life skills and good sportsmanship
Our Sessions: (please see current program info listed to the left)
- NEW - choose to only register for the Techincal Training session which offers once per week training most weeks November through mid June or register for one of our winter or spring sessions and receive the technical trainign session free.
The training provides an emphasis on improving ball skills and may include scrimmages, small sided games or other games.
- We operate Fall Rec Soccer programs and Fall travel teams are also available based on sufficient interest
- We offer two winter sessions for competitive teams operating early November through early January and early January to early March
- Spring travel begins practice as soon as weather permits with games scheduled for late April through late June
Cost and registration:
- You may register for any of our sessions starting in late August. It is best to register early for sessions including our popular spring travel session to ensure an opportunity to participate.
- Special notices will be posted for new training sessions and tryouts if applicable for all players with an account on our registration system.
- Costs vary for various sessions but we have always been an affordable local option due to our dedicated volunteers interested in promoting youth soccer. Specific costs for available sessions will be displayed when you enter your account.
- $95 Technical Training only session. You may also register for options below if desired and receive the technical training free. Free offer does not apply to those already enrolled in the technical training session in advance ot the other sessions.
- $195 for winter league competitive team sessions - includes a team practice and a game weekly during each session.
- $150 for spring league travel teams.
- The above winter and spring league options include one league game and one practice per week (at least one for spring).
- Our Spring teams receive free participation in our club's May tournament.
- Uniforms for spring travel and optional tournaments are extra.
- Registration options for your players age range will automatically appear once you sign into your account. Establish an online account in our easy registration system through Sports Illustrated and future registrations for our sessions are only a few clicks away.
- We offer payment options using either checks or credit cards
- Uniforms for both indoor and spring travel team league play - Uniforms are ordered as part of your registration process. The white player jersey is used for both the winter sessions and in the spring travel session. The red uniform kit is also used during the spring travel session. If you have any of these pieces there is no need to order unless you need to update.
- Please be aware that players are responsible for any separate ID card charges (if any) that may be required by a given facility at which we play our winter session indoor games.
- Coaches - all interested coaches should first register through this registration site. All requests will first be reviewed for approval by our director of coaching. There is no charge for a coach to register.
Field Locations: Our club will use a variety of locations based on the session and age group.
Spring training and home games are typically held at Ridge-Jenkinsville Park in Queensbury or Crandall Park in Glens Falls. Spring "away" game locations are subject to scheduling by the CDYSL.
Our spring tournament is held at both the Ridge-Jenkinsville facility and the Golden Goals Soccer Complex in Fort Ann.
Our winter indoor training is typically offered at Chase Sports facility. Winter indoor games are typically played at the "Dome" (10, 12 & 14 boys) or the Sportsplex facility (all other teams) in Halfmoon (exit 9 off the Northway).
Our fall region-wide REC Soccer Tournament for town rec soccer teams is held at a local venue.
Although this represents our typical locations, any given session is subject to the most appropriate playing location as determined by the team coach and the club.
Required registration forms must be submitted prior to the first scheduled practice to participate. They typically include the following and will be explained in your registration confirmation email. Your registration is not complete until the following is received:
- Any new player to our club must submit a copy of their birth certificate for those participating in league games. This is a one-time requirement.
- A new Club Medical Form is required for all participants once each new soccer year (August-July) or an updated form should be submitted if insurance coverage changes during the soccer year.
- A small (approx. 1"x1") face shot photo is needed each year for any of the league travel teams (usually fall or spring teams). This may be sent in to the club registrar or the best and most convenient option is to download a photo to your account on this registration site at least every two years and avoid the need to send it in separately. Just click on your child's name in your account and on the right side select "Add Image".
- Payment for your registered sessions.
- You have reviewed the Northern United Code of Conduct policy.
- For questions about registration, please contact Bill Resse at 793-2825 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Soccer is a kick - Get your kicks today!